Saturday, August 05, 2006

I am 60, AM I?

"I just noticed a fact that i am turning 60. But nobody seems to notice. Everyone is busy on his/her own ride of life. No one has to time to think about how i feel to be 60. They seem to walk past, ignoring me. As if I'm nobody. They don't think i exist anymore. Or of i do exist, be it like any other thing. No one cares how it feels to be free, because no one is free. They are tied up in their own life, own travel, own living, own future, own siblings, own plans, own enjoyment, own tears, own sadness, own romanticism, own hatred, own guilt, own poverty, own richness, own happiness, own laughter. No body cares that i exist, that i exist for them, that their tears falls on me, their blood falls on me, their dancing legs step on me, their bodies rest inside me, their laughter, their sadness, their richness, their poverty all belongs to me.
No body cares that I, INDEPENDENT INDIA is turning 60."

2 comments:

CentFla said...

Yes you are 60. And what a long way you have come. Even ten years ago many American's thought of India and immediately thought of snake charmers and poor sanitation. Now everyone in American speaks to someone in India every few days on an IT line or support center conversation. Now everyday most American's see an Indian working in the US and reminding us of ourselves a century ago. Hard working, incredibly polite, adaptable, intelligent and yes, now 60 years of independence. I am thrilled for you.

Anonymous said...

so sweet :)