Saturday, February 24, 2007

2007 Week 1

I would start with last day of Year 2006.
Touching moments are those when you feel a big lump growing in your throat with each moment and taking time to subside. I felt one, as said Bye to everyone, leaving home for airport. Ba, who was denying to recognise faces, took off and sat up to say bye to me and even gave her blessings and i can never forget last words of hers to me - "Be good". Mummy was stronger than imagined and then I bid good bye to everyone. It was cold and foggy which grew stronger and made it almost invisible as we hit the highway. Papa was going with me. There were times when i felt like No, please don't make this as my last day on earth. It was getting whiter and we just searched for red lights to follow throughout the whole way. Next thing was, how would the flight take off in this foggy condition. Anyway we reached the airport and I got in line of Air Canada flight. It was utter chaos and I got call from dear friends in HongKong and wished them for new year and got early wishes as it was still one hour to go here in Delhi to enter into 2007. All this while I's in the line for getting the baggage checked in. I showed my ticket and passport, and then the girl on desk asked me my reason for visiting Switzerland, I was kind of bugged as I think she was not supposed to ask such things. I told her for studies and then she asks me show the letter of admission, this was too much, it was simply not her job to ask such things, anyway I was in no mood to argue about her position. As soon as she saw Sports Management, she was like oo sporty guy, I dunno what that meant, but I was too pissed off to ask anything as I was told to pay for excess baggage. I was like it can't get better or it can? but anyway I paid and got off the line as we waited for the flight to announce whether they would fly at all or not. I told papa to wait, so that incase flight does not operate, then I might go home rather than checking into a hotel. And my hand baggage was definitely not handy, must be weighing 20kgs but I's trying to manage all gadgets and books. I hated that 20kg baggage rule. After sometime I decided there was no point in making papa wait and told him to leave as flight was now scheduled to board at about 2 or 3am. I was not able to get through him as I guess networks were blocked as Delhi host millions of people and I guess everyone had a phone now and also everyone was on phone for new year. We finally boarded the flight and I even settled myself on a decent seat with no one beside me and caught some sleep but flight was finally cancelled as it was same sepia foggy whenever I opened my eyes and popped to see out. And then we got moved to a hotel. I put myself to sleep but was called or I called up people in between, so sleep wasn't great. People were surprised to know that I was still lingering around in Delhi, but anyway had lunch, saw some people crib at hotel's reception on charges and then finally were on our way to airport. flight was now scheduled for 5pm departure.

No comments: